General Biology (MSc)
To be eligible for the track General Biology of the Master's programme Biological Sciences, you must hold a Bachelor's degree in Biology, or its equivalent.
- a bachelor’s Grade Point Average (GPA) of 6.5 or higher (according to the Dutch grading system). The GPA is the average of the bachelor’s course grades weighed by course/study load.
- you must have obtained the Bachelor's degree within 4 years
- you must have completed a Bachelor's Thesis (experimental work) of at least 15 ECTS credits. The subject of the Bachelor's thesis must show affinity with the programme of your choice.
- advanced knowledge in Ecology and Evolution, Molecular and Cellular Biology or Marine or Aquatic Biology.
Up to, but no more than, 110 students are admitted to the Master’s Programme as a whole. If more than the maximum number of candidates are found suitable, candidates will be selected on (in random order):
- Study programme
- GPA score
- Study progress Bachelor’s programme
- Subject of Bachelor’s thesis
Additional information for international students
International applicants must also fulfil other general entry requirements set by the Faculty of Science regarding academic background, academic average and proficiency in English.